Thursday, August 30, 2007

I haven't quit, yet

No, I haven't quit my job, at least not yet. I did however talk with my employeers and tell them that I was still having a hard time transitioning but that I wanted to give myself a little more time. Mac starts daycare next week, my hours change a little, and fall begins with is both a relfreshing and difficult time of year for me. So we shall see. I've also been reading A Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey and when I run the numbers for our finances, my little income does help. And thinking that we could be debt free in 2-3 years (except for our house) if I continue working is at least a reason to work. So, things are stewing in my mind. It's going to come down to whether or not working makes our hoem happier. Up until now, it hasn't, but like I said, I want to give it a bit more time. I am also going on a women's retreat in September and I'm praying that God would open my eyes to what my purpose is and how to fulfill that.

So, that's the update. I need to go shower before work. It's been a good morning though-finished digging a new flower garden, spot cleaned the living room carpet, took Mac to the park, ran to the store for a few groceries, made a smoked fish spread, two loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and am going to quick wash some pots. Funny how when you write it down it looks so impressive, but when Jon comes home tonight and asks how my day went I'll write this off as not important. Oh! There truly is always something to do and no matter how little, it makes a house a home!

Have great days!

Renae

No comments: